Monday, 25 March 2pm -5pm
This course provides an opportunity to practice skills, develop strategies and increase confidence in tackling difficult situations and conversations with staff and colleagues.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand what makes a conversation difficult
- Apply and have practiced a range of effective communication skills
- Understand how to deal with emotion
- Create a constructive climate– ie what to do and what not to do
- Plan for and structure a difficult conversation
This half day course is aimed at managers and/or other staff whose jobs regularly involve the need for conversations in challenging circumstances eg HR staff, union reps.