A free half-day sustainable production showcase for the creative industries from Julie’s Bicycle and White Light. Demonstrations, talks and opportunities to test the newest technologies currently in use by the industry.
- The future of green lighting with a demo comparing current and future technologies.
- A view from the field – Festival Republic will demonstrate how a sustainable approach to festival production reduced the emissions from Latitude and Reading festivals by 18% and 15% respectively.
- Designer turned Theatre Scenery Contractor, Simon York, will drill down into the environmental impacts of set materials.
- Renowned theatre designer, Soutra Gilmour, will discuss the transition to sustainable design aesthetics.
- A tradeshow will demonstrate all areas of sustainable production. Exhibitors include suppliers of renewable power technologies for both outdoor and indoor events; certified environmentally friendly stage and costume fabrics; rechargeable batteries for on-stage sound; green production waste services; and catering supplies.
The event is organised by Julie's Bicycle and White Light. Julie’s Bicycle is a not for profit organisation making sustainability intrinsic to the business, art, and ethics of the cultural industries. Currently working with over 1000 cultural organisations in the UK and Europe, Julie’s Bicycle offer free online tools, research, and bespoke consultancy to help arts organisations measure, manage, and reduce their environmental impacts. White Light specialises in entertainment lighting.